Economic Development Advisory Committee
City Council passed a bylaw establishing a revamped Economic Development and Advisory Committee (EDAC). This replaces the committee established in 2010 and provides clarification on the role, governance and operation of the new Committee.
At the start of every year, EDAC prepares an Annual Workplan which is presented to City Council for approval. The Workplan encompasses the issues that EDAC will work on during the year and subsequently report to Council. EDAC recently developed and presented their 2022 Workplan.
Who is involved?
EDAC provides recommendations and advice to City Council on economic and business development issues affecting the larger community. The Committee is comprised of 11 members that include:
- Councillor Stuart Houston - Chair
- Councillor Jan Gillett - Vice-Chair
- Councillor Reid MacDonald
- Victor Moroz - City Centre Business Association Representative
- Kelly John Rose - Greater Parkland Regional Chamber Representative
- Bruce Mullett - Commercial Sector Representative
- Frank DeAngelis - Commercial Sector Representative
- Robert Smith - Industrial Sector Representative
- Anthony Worbeck - Industrial Sector Representative
- Charlene Bell - Public-at-Large
- Heather Shewchuk - Public-at-Large
How do I attend the EDAC meetings?
To attend the EDAC meetings, members of the public are required to pre-register by 12 p.m. (noon) on the day of the EDAC meeting by:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 780-962-7634 ext. 426
Please indicate if you will be attending in-person or virtual. Residents who register will receive an email containing the link to the ZOOM virtual meeting and details on in-person location.
EDAC 2023 Meeting Dates Schedule
Meeting agendas and minutes
June 5, 2023 - Agenda | Minutes
January 31, 2023 - Agenda | Minutes
November 14, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
September 6, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
June 6, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
March 1, 2022 - Agenda | Minutes
December 6, 2021 - Agenda | Minutes
September 7, 2021 - Agenda | Minutes
June 1, 2021 - Agenda | Minutes
March 1, 2021 - Agenda | Minutes
December 7, 2020 - Agenda | Minutes
October 29, 2020 - Agenda | Minutes