Fire Pit Permits
Wood-burning fire pits
Residential wood-burning fire pits in Spruce Grove require a free permit from Spruce Grove Fire Services. How to get one:
- Install the fire pit according to our fire pit guidelines.
- Include a photograph of the yard, with the fire pit installed and visible.
- Create an 8 ½" x 11" drawing of your back yard including:
- Fire pit location with distances from the pit to all fences, property lines, and structures
- Water source location
- Complete the application form below or a drop off the drawing, photo and written request to Spruce Grove Protective Services at 36 Fifth Avenue, Spruce Grove. Written request must include:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
- When you would like the inspection completed by.
- Written permission from your landlord if you are a renter.
Important: We will be contacting residents by phone to review their fire pit permit requests.
Propane fuelled appliances/fire pits
CSA and ULC approved propane fuelled appliances/fire pits can be used as per manufacturer’s recommendations on your property without a permit.
This information is being collected under the authority of section 33(c) the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. It will be used in the implementation of Spruce Grove Fire Services programs. The personal information provided will be protected in accordance with Part 2 of the Act. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information, please contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-962-7634 ext.154.