Spruce Grove City Council is comprised of one mayor and six councillors who serve four-year terms. There are no wards or political parties; instead, individuals put their names forward as candidates in each municipal election. Once elected, members of council are responsible to:
- Make decisions in the best interest of the entire municipality;
- Set the overall strategic direction of the City;
- Provide guidelines for City Administration to follow as it runs the municipality; and
- Represent the City on various boards and committees.
Members of City Council
The current members of Spruce Grove city council are:
- Mayor Stuart Houston
- Councillor Jeff Acker
- Councillor Michelle Gruhlke
- Councillor Chantal McKenzie
- Councillor Dave Oldham
- Councillor Wayne Rothe
- Councillor Erin Stevenson
Send an email to City Council.
City Council typically meets three times per month (with the exception of July, August and December). Both City Council meetings and Committee of the Whole meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas are also made available online prior to each meeting. Individuals and groups are also able to make presentations during council meetings.
Inside Council Chambers, a brief summary of items discussed at the most recent City Council and Committee of the Whole meetings, is also available online.
Please note: These are not the official meeting minutes.
The Mayor and other members of City Council are pleased to make themselves available for various community events or to send greetings for a special occasion. To make a request, please complete a request form.