Interactive Map of Spruce Grove
Due to scheduled maintenance, the GIS portal may be periodically unavailable Monday, June 05, 2023 from 4:30-6:30 p.m. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and appreciate your patience.
Spruce Grove’s geographic information system (GIS) provides improved digital mapping and geo-spatial support to residents and visitors, potential home buyers, developers, contactors and City staff.
Prior to using the interactive GIS web mapping site, please ensure you read the Terms and Conditions of use
The system features an easy-to-use layout and allows users to:
- Create and print maps, and property reports
- Search property descriptions, assessed values, road networks, etc.
- View aerial photography of the City of Spruce Grove dating back multiple years
- Measure the physical distance between multiple points of interest (i.e., locations, buildings, roads)
- View land use districts (zoning), neighbourhoods and civic addressing information
- Access multiple sources of real-time information
Users are encourage to follow the City’s How to Guide to help familiarize themselves with the system.
The current versions of Google Chrome and Firefox typically provide the best performance.
- Current version of Microsoft Edge
- Internet Explorer 11.0 and greater
Mobile device requirements:
- Safari on iOS 11+ (Safari on iOS 13 recommended)
- Google Chrome on Android (current version recommended)
Geographic Information System (GIS) FAQs
What is GIS technology?
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology uses an extensive inventory of data, which is collected using GPS equipment, computer-generated drawings and aerial photos, to find and analyze location-based information. The result are digital/interactive maps and a catalogue of data.
How does the City use GIS technology?
The City is using GIS technology to create a digital blueprint of Spruce Grove by mapping what’s above ground and what’s below. It has been used to generate hundreds of different maps that illustrate, track and help determine how Spruce Grove is growing.
This information is indispensable as City staff work on a variety of projects, from short-term plans to long-term needs. For example, the data helps determine where to build new roads or locate new green spaces. It assists with transit planning, including where future bus routes and stops may be required.
Questions and feedback?
Please send us an email.