Business Licence Renewal
Important: In 2022, there is a new process to renew your business licence that is different from previous years. Please review the renewal instructions below.
In mid-November, business licence holders receive a letter to remind them to renew their licence by January 15.
- You will require a CityView business account to renew your licence.
- Sign in to CityView.
- Click on My Items, Business Licencing, and then click the Renew this Licence button.
- Fill out and submit the online renewal form.
For assistance, call us at 780-962-7582 Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Press 1 for Planning and Development, and then 2 for all other inquiries.
A resident business that does not renew by Jan. 15 will be issued an expiration notice. After that happens, they will be required to submit an application and pay a fee to obtain a new business licence.
Resident business licence holders renew online at no charge unless:
- There is a change to the nature of the business
- There is a change in ownership
- There is a change to the business location
Non-resident business licence holders must apply for a business licence each year if they wish to continue conducting business in the City of Spruce Grove (annual fee applies).
Businesses operating without a valid business licence will be issued penalties (per Section 16 of the Business Licence Bylaw).