A plumbing permit is required when
- adding plumbing fixtures to a new residential dwelling,
- adding plumbing fixtures to a non-residential building including multifamily, institutional, commercial or industrial,
- renovating existing plumbing,
- breaking concrete, or
- changing stacks and/or venting.
If you are adding fixtures to an inspected rough-in, a permit is not required.
A certified plumbing journeyman must apply for commercial plumbing permits. Contractors applying for plumbing permits must have a valid business licence in the City of Spruce Grove.
Wait times are approximately three business days.
How to apply for a plumbing permit
- Download the Plumbing Permit Application Package
- Complete the required forms
- Pay the fee as per Development Fees and Fines
- Double fees will apply to work done prior to permit approval
- Alberta Safety Codes Council fees as per Safety Codes Council Permit Fee Schedule
- The Safety Codes Council Levy fee is non-refundable
- Submit the application in one of the following ways
Submit permit applications
|In person||By mail||By email or fax|
|414 King Street
Spruce Grove, Alberta
City of Spruce Grove
Contact Planning and Development.