The Pickleball courts are now closed for the season.
The pickleball courts in Spruce Grove are currently open. Due to the current situation with COVID-19 and based on guidelines from the Province of Alberta, the following rules are in place for safe use:
- The courts are available for casual use only.
- Doubles play is permitted; however, doubles play must be with members of the same household or cohort families.
- Courts are not regularly disinfected.
- Players and those waiting must adhere to gathering size restrictions. If the courts are full, please wait nearby or in your vehicle until they are free to use.
- Maintain two metres.
- All public health orders must be followed (maintain two metres physical distance).
- Users must bring their own equipment and hand sanitizer.
- Do not attend or use these amenities if you are feeling unwell.
The 18 courts are available on a first come, first served basis, daily between 7 a.m. and 10 p.m. from May to October (weather permitting).
Court Rules and Etiquette
- When others are waiting, please limit matches to 60 minutes
- Do not sit, swing or stand on net cable or fencing
- Pets are not allowed on the courts or in the spectator area.
- Courts are for pickleball play only. Other activities may damage the surface and result in costly repairs. No bikes, skates, skateboards, radio-controlled toys or hockey.
- Do not bring unnecessary items onto the court surface, including soft drinks, food, gum, sun screen, tanning lotion, etc. These products may damage the finish.
To report a concern with the condition of the pickleball courts, please call Public Works at 780-962-7584.
Please call 780-962-7579 or send us an email.