In response to the Province of Alberta’s enhanced public health measures, the Agrena is closed to the public and all Agrena bookings have been cancelled for the indefinite future.
Located in the Agrena is the Grant Fuhr Arena and Stu Barnes Arena, two full-sized rinks available to rent for skating, hockey and ringette. In the summer, ice is removed to allow for dry land sport rentals. Both rinks are utilized throughout the year by local minor sport organizations.
Due to the current situation with COVID-19 and based on guidelines from the Province of Alberta, operations will be different this season with new rules and guidelines in place for safe use, including:
- Wearing a face covering or mask is required in all publicly accessible indoor areas of the facility, as this is now a requirement in all indoor City facilities. At the Agrena, this includes the lobby, stands, dressing rooms and washrooms.
- All users must follow public health orders and signage posted throughout the facility.
- Do not attend the facility if you are feeling unwell.
- Users are encouraged to bring their own hand sanitizer.
- Following each time slot, Agrena staff will undergo a thorough cleaning of the facilities.
Guidelines for participants:
- Complete a pre-activity screening through your sport organization.
- You will be allowed to arrive 15 minutes ahead of your ice time for practices and 30 minutes ahead for games.
- Dressing rooms will be open, although it is recommended participants come dressed to prevent extended gatherings in the dressing rooms.
- Showers will not be available.
- Bring your own water bottle.
- You will be expected to exit the facility within 15 minutes of your ice time to ensure the facility is ready for the next group. This will help ensure facility staff have adequate time to prepare the facility for the next group
- Off ice warm-ups or cool downs will not be permitted indoors; outdoors only.
- A maximum of two volunteers/staff will be allowed in the score keeper/penalty box area.
Guidelines for spectators:
- One parent/guardian is allowed per participant. It is preferred that no additional spectators, including children, are brought into the facility. If children must come out of necessity, they must be seated with their parent/guardian.
- Spectator capacity will be limited to 100 people for the Grant Fuhr Arena and 60 people for the Stu Barnes Arena.
- Upon arrival, participants must go directly to their designated area to put on skates; spectators must go directly to the seating area (unless required to tie skates).
- Spectators are to refrain from congregating before or after the scheduled booking.
- Spectators are encouraged to refrain from cheering and yelling.
- Sections of the bleachers will be closed in the Grant Fuhr Arena.
- Meetings will not be permitted in the facility, including in the bleachers or lobbies.
The Grant Fuhr Arena is home to the Spruce Grove Saints Junior A Hockey Club. The Saints play in the Alberta Junior Hockey League and host 30 regular season games at the Grant Fuhr Arena.
Public skating is offered at the Stu Barnes Arena in the Agrena.
The Agra Room is a multi-purpose room in the Agrena. It is not currently available to rent.
Visit the Spruce Grove Curling Club website for information.