Central Park has a large community fire pit area, splash pad, and winter skating oval. While you’re there, take a few minutes to visit the Spruce Grove Awards of Excellence recognition feature. Here you can see the names of current and past residents of Spruce Grove who have made significant contributions to society.
Central Park splash pad
The Central Park splash pad is now closed for the season. The splash pad is located near the Lions Log Cabin in Central Park. It operates daily from 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. from mid-May to Sept. 15.
The Central Park fire pit is open to the public to use on a first-come first-served basis. A small amount of wood is stocked weekly at the fire pit but it is recommended that visitors bring their own.
Re-imagined Central Park
The City is undertaking a multi-year project to revitalize and enhance Central Park. The goals of this phased project are to:
- Improve the park experience for users of all ages, interests and abilities.
- Make the park safer and more comfortable for users during all seasons.
- Enhance the existing amenities and add new amenities to accommodate a wide variety of uses including special programs and events.
- Retain the key features that make Central Park what it is today: skating oval, log cabin, splash pad, stage/plaza.
- Represent the rich history of the area and the uniqueness of its surroundings.
Learn more on the Re-imagined Central Park project page.