On-Demand Local Transit
On-demand local transit provides service to Spruce Grove (including the industrial area), Stony Plain, Parkland Village and Acheson.
Hours of operation
- Within Spruce Grove and Stony Plain: 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Within Parkland Village and Acheson: 6 a.m. to 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Monday to Friday
With over 500 pick-up/drop-off locations, travelling around the Tri-Municipal Region has never been easier.
There are two types of on-demand pick-up/drop-off locations - marked and unmarked. Over 75 locations are marked with a bus stop sign. The remaining locations are unmarked (they are “virtual” - they don't have a bus stop sign).
Book trips for right away or up to one week in advance for travel between any two bus stops (during operational hours) in Spruce Grove, Stony Plain, Parkland Village and Acheson.
Three ways to book your trip
- Download the Pick-Up On-Demand app
from Google Play or the Apple Store
- Book online
- Call 780-962-8747 (6 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
How it works
- Create an account in the app or online
- Enter your starting point and destination
- Select your travel time
- Enter the number of passengers in your group
- The app will tell you where you will be picked up
- Be sure arrive at your pick-up location prior to the 10 minute pick-up window
- Track the bus in real-time and enjoy the ride!
Book trips for right away or up to one week in advance for travel between any two bus stops in Spruce Grove.
You will be given a 10 minute pick-up window, so be sure to arrive before the beginning of the pick-up window because the bus can’t wait.
The on-demand system calculates the most efficient route based on customer needs so trips are as fast as possible.
|Local service trip (one way within Spruce Grove and Stony Plain, Parkland Village and Acheson, no transfer) – aged 6+||$3 cash fare|
|Children aged 12 years and under (when accompanied by a paying passenger)||Free|
|Monthly Local Pass||$65|
|Monthly Local Pass - Youth aged under 19 years||$45|
|CNIB pass holders||Free|
|Arc card – standard adult fare only||myarc.ca|
|Arc Monthly Cap for Local Service||$65|
Commuter transit fare products, including the monthly commuter pass, the monthly youth/student commuter pass, the monthly integrated pass, and Spruce Grove Transit tickets are also accepted.
Spruce Grove Transit e-Bulletin
Sign up for Spruce Grove Transit's e-Bulletin to receive updates about schedule changes, bus stop closures, major delays and construction notices.
Please note that On-Demand Local Transit Service does not operate on the following statutory holidays:
- Monday, January 2 (New Year's Day in lieu)
- Monday, February 20 (Family Day)
- Friday, April 7 (Good Friday)
- Monday, May 22 (Victoria Day)
- Monday, August 7 (Civic Holiday)
- Monday, September 4 (Labour Day)
- Monday, Oct. 9 (Thanksgiving)
- Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
Make sure to view our Transit FAQs for answers to some of our most commons questions about transit in Spruce Grove. If you'd like to contact a representative, you can reach out by calling 780-962-7634 ext. 193, or by email.