On-Demand Local Transit
Starting January 3, 2023, Spruce Grove’s on-demand local transit service will be expanding to Stony Plain, Parkland Village and Acheson.
With over 200 pick-up/drop-off locations (including 71 in the industrial area), travelling around Spruce Grove has never been easier.
There are two types of on-demand pick-up/drop-off locations - marked and unmarked. Over 60 locations are marked with a bus stop sign. The remaining locations are unmarked (they are "virtual" - they don't have a bus stop sign).
On-demand local transit service operates 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday to Friday.
Three ways to book your trip
- Download the Pick-Up On-Demand app
from Google Play or the Apple Store
- Book online
- Call 780-962-8747 (6 a.m. – 7 p.m.)
How it works
- Create an account in the app or online
- Enter your starting point and destination
- Select your travel time
- Enter the number of passengers in your group
- The app will tell you where you will be picked up
- Be sure arrive at your pick-up location prior to the 10 minute pick-up window
- Track the bus in real-time and enjoy the ride!
Book trips for right away or up to one week in advance for travel between any two bus stops in Spruce Grove.
You will be given a 10 minute pick-up window, so be sure to arrive before the beginning of the pick-up window because the bus can’t wait.
|Local service trip (one way within Spruce Grove and Stony Plain, no transfer) – aged 6+||$3 cash fare|
|Children aged 12 years and under (when accompanied by a paying passenger)||Free|
|CNIB pass holders||Free|
|Arc card – standard adult fare only||myarc.ca|
Commuter transit fare products, including the monthly commuter pass, the monthly youth/student commuter pass, the monthly integrated pass, and Spruce Grove Transit tickets are also accepted.
Spruce Grove Transit e-Bulletin
Sign up for Spruce Grove Transit's e-Bulletin to receive updates about schedule changes, bus stop closures, major delays and construction notices.
Please note that On-Demand Local Transit Service does not operate on the following statutory holidays:
- Monday, February 21 (Family Day)
- Friday, April 15 (Good Friday)
- Monday, May 23 (Victoria Day)
- Friday, July 1 (Canada Day)
- Monday, August 1 (Civic Holiday)
- Monday, September 5 (Labour Day)
- Monday, Oct. 10 (Thanksgiving)
- Friday, November 11 (Remembrance Day)
- Monday, December 26 (Boxing Day)
Make sure to view our Transit FAQs for answers to some of our most commons questions about transit in Spruce Grove. If you'd like to contact a representative, please reach out via phone or email.