Safe Homes | Safe Communities
The RCMP is Canada's national police service. Proud of our traditions and confident in meeting future challenges, we commit to preserve the peace, uphold the law and provide quality service in partnership with our communities.
- Tri-Municipal Drug Section
- General Investigations Section (Serious Crimes)
- Crime Reduction Unit - Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Enoch Cree Nation
- Police Dog Services
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
Locally we provide several community enhancement programs which include:
- Rural Police and Crisis Team (RPCT) - mental health therapist paired with a police officer, to assess and stabilize people experiencing mental health crisis.
- Restorative Domestic Offender Program (R-DOC) - facilitating a comprehensive domestic violence response, addressing both victim and offender needs.
- School Resource Officer - in Spruce Grove Composite and Memorial Composite.
- Public Safety Compliance Team - a partnership with Fire, Police, and Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, to ensure safety in licensed premises.
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - a partnership with property managers, Police, and tenants focused on keeping illegal activity out of rental properties.
The Victim Services Unit utilizes trained volunteers who work with the RCMP to provide the following services:
- 24-hour crisis response, support and follow-up to victims.
- Provide victims with information about the case and the criminal court process.
- Referral to community agencies.
- Provide victim impact statements.
Safe Internet Exchange Zone
The Parkland RCMP detachment runs a Safe Internet Exchange Zone program to help provide a safe place for people to meet when buying and selling items online.
The Safe Internet Exchange Zone is in the front parking lot at the Parkland RCMP detachment, located at 91 Campsite Road in Spruce Grove, which is under video surveillance. It will be open 24/7, however local RCMP encourage residents to visit during daytime hours. Officers will not be available to supervise these meetings or help people negotiate their sales.
Similar programs are in place in other municipalities in the region, including Edmonton and Strathcona County.
Local families may also use the Safe Internet Exchange Zone as a place to meet when picking up and dropping off their children as part of a custody or visitation agreement.
The Alberta RCMP has a province-wide online crime reporting tool that provides residents in Spruce Grove, along with other Albertans, the ability to report the following property crimes in a convenient and accessible way:
- Damage/mischief to property under $5,000
- Theft of bicycle under $5,000
- Theft under $5,000
- Theft from vehicle under $5,000
- Lost property
To be reported online, incidents must also meet the following conditions:
- No witnesses or suspects
- Item(s) lost or stolen must cost less than $5,000
- Vandalized property will cost less than $5,000 to repair
- There are no items involving personal identity, firearms, licence plates or decals
By reporting these less-urgent crimes online, emergency call takers and members of the RCMP can focus their time and prioritize calls. K Division’s Call Back Unit will follow up on all crimes reported online within five business days.
Commitment to Our Communities
The employees of the RCMP are committed to our communities through:
- Unbiased and respectful treatment of all people
- Mutual problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enhancement of public safety
- Partnerships and consultation
- Open and honest communication
- Effective and efficient use of resources
- Quality and timely service
Core Values of the RCMP
If you have any questions, concerns or kudos relating to our service delivery, please feel free to contact us.
Spruce Grove (Parkland) Detachment
91 Campsite Road
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 3Z1
Front desk hours (weekdays, excluding statutory holidays): 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Administrative line: 825-220-2000
Complaint line: 825-220-7267