Safe Homes | Safe Communities
The RCMP is Canada's national police service. Proud of our traditions and confident in meeting future challenges, we commit to preserve the peace, uphold the law and provide quality service in partnership with our communities.
- Tri-Municipal Drug Section
- General Investigations Section (Serious Crimes)
- Crime Reduction Unit - Spruce Grove, Stony Plain and Enoch Cree Nation
- Police Dog Services
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
Locally we provide several community enhancement programs which include:
- Rural Police and Crisis Team (RPCT) - mental health therapist paired with a police officer, to assess and stabilize people experiencing mental health crisis.
- Restorative Domestic Offender Program (R-DOC) - facilitating a comprehensive domestic violence response, addressing both victim and offender needs.
- School Resource Officer - in Spruce Grove Composite and Memorial Composite.
- Public Safety Compliance Team - a partnership with Fire, Police, and Alberta Gaming and Liquor Commission, to ensure safety in licensed premises.
- Crime Free Multi-Housing - a partnership with property managers, Police, and tenants focused on keeping illegal activity out of rental properties.
The Victim Services Unit utilizes trained volunteers who work with the RCMP to provide the following services:
- 24-hour crisis response, support and follow-up to victims.
- Provide victims with information about the case and the criminal court process.
- Referral to community agencies.
- Provide victim impact statements.
Commitment to Our Communities
The employees of the RCMP are committed to our communities through:
- Unbiased and respectful treatment of all people
- Mutual problem solving
- Cultural sensitivity
- Enhancement of public safety
- Partnerships and consultation
- Open and honest communication
- Effective and efficient use of resources
- Quality and timely service
Core Values of the RCMP
If you have any questions, concerns or kudos relating to our service delivery, please feel free to contact us.
Spruce Grove (Parkland) Detachment
100 - 410 King Street
Spruce Grove, AB T7X 2Z1
Admin: (780) 960-6500
24-hour: (780) 962-2222