Home Support Subsidy Program
The Spruce Grove Family and Community Support Services (FCSS) Home Support Subsidy Program supports the residents of Parkland County and the City of Spruce Grove. Home support is defined as light housekeeping. The City of Spruce Grove has established contracts with service providers to provide home support. Home support services are offered on a cost-share basis between FCSS and the service user(s).
- Residents of Spruce Grove and Parkland County
- Resident must not have family or other informal support to assist them with home-based responsibilities. Residents must use all other formal supports and resources (i.e., Senior’s Special Needs Allowance) before accessing the FCSS Home Support Subsidy Program.
- Residents must meet income thresholds to determine the subsidized rate and fall into one of the following categories:
- New Parent.
- Short-term illness/injury/surgery. A doctor's note is required.
- 55 years of age or older.
- Ongoing disability (physical or intellectual), a doctor’s note, is required.
Spruce Grove FCSS will screen residents for eligibility and determine if resident qualifies for a subsidized rate. After eligibility is confirmed, the resident will complete a Home Support Subsidy Agreement. The agreement outlines the rate the resident will pay, the subsidy amount (up to $20 per hour), and the hours per month the resident is approved for. Residents will contact an approved service provider directly to arrange services.
To determine eligibility or to obtain more information on the Home Support Subsidy Program contact Spruce Grove FCSS.
If you have any questions about the information on this page, please contact FCSS.