Shred-4-Free and E-roundup
The City’s annual Shred-4-Free and E-roundup events will take place on Saturday, June 12 from 9 a.m.–1 p.m. in the Agrena parking lot. Due to the current situation with COVID-19 and based on guidelines from the Province, the following safety measures will be in place during the event:
- All persons on site must observe all current applicable AHS guidelines.
- All Participants must wear a face mask and maintain physical distancing while outside of their vehicle.
- The facility will be set up as a drive through service.
- Participants must place all e-waste products and items for shredding in the appropriate contractors cages and carts, taking back any bags, boxes or containers.
- All staff will be wearing face coverings and maintaining physical distancing and following current applicable AHS guidelines.
Shredding documents containing personal information is an effective way to prevent identity theft, while also clearing out old paperwork. Stop by and have your documents shredded on the spot in a secure shredding truck. Bring up to four boxes of material to shred, each weighing up to 30 lbs. or less.
What types of material can I bring to Shred-4-Free?
- Personal paper documents
- Ledgers (no hard covers)
What not to bring?
- Heavy cardboard, metal or plastic
As part of Alberta’s Electronics Recycling Program, all e-waste will be taken to a Shanked Computer Recycling facility and destroyed. Each unit will be carefully separated into piles of metal, plastic and glass, and recycled to make new products. Hard drives will be shredded to ensure data security.
What types of electronic products will be accepted?
- Televisions and monitors
- Computer equipment, including:
- CPUs and servers
- Mouse, keyboard, cables and speakers
- Laptop, tablet and notebook scanners
- Fax machines, scanners, copiers and printers
- DVD players and VCRs
- Toner cartridges
As part of a pilot project being offered by the Alberta Recycling Management Authority, additional e-waste items will be accepted at this year’s E-roundup event, including:
- Small appliances (i.e., clock, fan, hair dryer, vacuum)
- Audio visual items (i.e., home theatre system, dash cams)
- Telecom items (i.e., phones modems, routers, answering machines)
- Power and air tools (i.e., bench, floor standing, hand held)
- Electronic games/system, toys and musical instruments
For more information, please call 780-962-7584 or send an email .