Reducing Theft from Vehicles
Most vehicle crime is opportunistic and easily preventable. Spruce Grove is a safe community with low crime rate, but warmer weather brings out more foot traffic, and in turn, an increase in petty crime. By working together, we can help reduce these incidents with the following steps.
Ways to prevent thefts from your vehicle
- Lock your doors, roll up your windows and don't leave tops down to discourage thieves looking for an easy target, and to deter those aiming for a trunk or hood release in order to steal parts or the contents of your trunk.
- Remove portable accessories and valuables from sight.
- Park in your garage if you have one, and lock both your vehicle and your garage.
- Wait for the gate or door to close when leaving your garage or underground parkade, and remove your garage opener and house/business keys from your vehicle when parked.
- Check your vehicle daily, or have someone check on it if you’re away, and report any attempted theft or vandalism to the RCMP.
Reporting a theft
To report a theft call the Spruce Grove RCMP office at 780-962-2222, or if you have information about a crime that has already occurred please call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477.