Awards of Excellence
The Spruce Grove Awards of Excellence recognize achievements and contributions made to the City of Spruce Grove. Awards of Excellence are awarded to individuals who have made a significant contribution to the City of Spruce Grove, and have achieved national and/or international recognition in one of seven categories:
- Community Service
- Special Citation for Significant Achievement
Nominations must be submitted by April 30 to be considered for the current year's award. Nominations received after the deadline will be considered for the following year's awards.
To be considered, all nomination materials and attachments must be submitted. Nominations must contain complete and accurate information concerning the merits of the candidate and must have the consent of the nominee, or if deceased, the nominee's family.
- Thoroughly read the nomination package to determine which category is most appropriate and ensure your nominee meets the conditions of that category.
- Prepare a letter, not longer than four pages, to the Chairman of the Spruce Grove Awards of Excellence Committee describing why this nominee merits recognition.
- Complete the Awards of Excellence Nomination and Reference Material Forms
- Nomination Form 1 contains information pertaining to the nominee, the category and references.
- Reference Material Form 2 describes the accompanying support materials that identify or document the nominee's accomplishments. Support materials may be used as the basis of the nominee's interactive presentation. This may include video clips, audio clips, film, magazine and newspaper articles, photos and any other material relevant to the nominee's accomplishments.
Nomination packages can be submitted to City Hall in person, by email , fax or direct mail.
City of Spruce Grove
315 Jespersen Ave.
Spruce Grove, Alberta T7X 3E8
Clause of exception
In the event where an individual has received national or international acknowledgement of contributions to their field, the individual may be considered for further recognition from the City of Spruce Grove such as, but not restricted to, the naming of streets, parks and public facilities in the recipient's honour, pending approval of Spruce Grove City Council.
For more information call 780-962-2611 or e-mail us .
All personal information (letters, biographies, resumes and supporting materials as well as photographs, video recordings, digital images, collected by the nominator and/or the City of Spruce Grove is collected under the authority of Section 34(a) of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy (FOIP) Act. The City of Spruce Grove will use this personal information exclusively for administering the Awards of Excellence. If you have any questions regarding the collection, use and disclosure of personal information for these awards, please contact the FOIP Coordinator at 780-962-7634 ext.154.