Block Party Program
Hosting a block party is a great way to learn about the people who live in your neighbourhood and become connected to the community. Spruce Grove residents are encouraged to register their party with the City for a chance to receive a $100 block party food voucher, courtesy of Spruce Grove FCSS and Safe City. Block parties must be held before Sept. 9 to be eligible. Save-on-Foods will also offer 15 per cent off your grocery order for your block party.
Register your block party
Block Party registration is now open. Block parties must be registered by a homeowner on the block specified in the registration form, which must be submitted in one of the following ways:
- Email: email@example.com
- In person: 105–505 Queen St.
- Fax: 780-960-5228
Block Party Guide
Now available! Use our Block Party Guide to help plan a great party. It includes:
- Host / hostess checklist
- Neighbourhood contact list
- Icebreaker activities
- Frequently asked questions
Reasons to host a block party
- Have fun, with no excuse needed to celebrate.
- Meet your neighbours. Knowing who lives in your neighbourhood will help improve community safety.
- Establish a sense of belonging to the community.
- Neighbours who know each other, look out for each other.
- Meet who lives on your block and learn if you are able to exchange skills or resources (for example, babysitting, book club, walking to school duties and personal networking).
- Encourage neighbours to look after the neighbourhood and strengthen community spirit.
- Learn about each other and determine who might need a little extra help from time to time.
- Have the chance to meet some longtime residents and learn about your community’s history.
- Create a good reason to have a neighbourhood clean-up day and barbecue once all the work is done.
- Start a tradition of getting together at least once a year.