Reduce Your Use Design Contest
The contest is now closed. Stay tuned for the results to be announced May 14.
Litter from plastic makes an awful mess
The earth can handle many things, but this is too much stress
There’s really no excuse, we must reduce our use
Single-use waste is a fact, but how can we clean up our act?
The City of Spruce Grove is introducing a new bylaw that aims to reduce the amount of plastic contaminating our environment and you can help get the word out.
We’re inviting young people ages 13 and under to submit artwork that shows how people can Reduce Your Use and help cut down on waste from single-use items like plastic checkout bags, polystyrene (e.g. Styrofoam takeout containers), and plastic straws.
The winning designs will be printed on a reusable bag to be handed out over the summer and may be used in waste education materials.
- Artwork must include the words Reduce Your Use
- Must be original artwork created by hand – drawn or painted (no digital or purchased images)
- Must be created on paper 8.5x11” (standard paper size)
- Open to youth 13 and under who live in or attend school in Spruce Grove
- Contest runs April 19 to midnight, May 9
- Winners will be chosen, contacted, and announced by May 14
- All entries submitted become property of the City of Spruce Grove
How to enter
Have a parent, guardian, or teacher submit the entry online (below) or drop off at City Hall.
- Spruce Grove City Hall, 315 Jespersen Avenue
- City Hall is closed to the public, please use the front door drop box
- Submit artwork flat (not folded) in an envelope marked ‘Reduce Your Use Design Contest’
- Also include, on a separate sheet of paper, the artist’s name, age, and parent, guardian, or teacher's name, phone number, and email address