Community Homeless Winter Emergency Response
Several community partners are working together to plan this year’s Winter Emergency Response. The community organizations that have partnered to create and implement this response are:
- Spruce Grove Community Church
- Congregation Christian Fellowship Church
- Engage Church
- Pay Forward Kindness
- TransAlta Tri Leisure Center
- Rotary Club of Spruce Grove
- Spruce Grove Public Library
- City of Spruce Grove Protective Services & Community Social Development
The Winter Emergency Response will be in effect from November 1, 2020 – April 1, 2021.
The full detailed plan will be available in late October.
What will the 2020-2021 response include?
We are working on logistics for the following:
- Late Night Café – that will be open in overnight hours when the cold weather threshold is reached.
- Take Away Table – for basic needs supplies to stay warm throughout the winter.
- Transportation – to help individuals get where they can be out of the cold.
- COVID-19 Safety Procedures
Community Social Development