Grove Drive will be closed between Greystone Centennial Middle School and Jubilee Park.
- WHEN: Sunday, July 1, from 10 p.m. to midnight.
- WHY: To prepare for the Canada Day fireworks and assist in the safe and efficient departure of park and ride buses from Jubilee Park. During this time, access to and from neighbourhoods east of Century Road will be restricted. Park and ride buses and local traffic will still have access.
The Canada Day Celebration is held at Jubilee Park, located at 510 Grove Dr. There is no on-site parking and parking in the nearby residential areas is discouraged (and could result in a tow and a ticket!). There are several alternate ways you can get to the celebration.
Enjoy the many trails that lead to Jubilee Park or park in Greystone Centennial Middle School’s transit lot, located at 130 Greystone Dr., and walk to the celebration.
On two wheels
Hope on a bike and wheel into the manned bike lock up or use one of many bike racks on site.
Accessible parking with shuttle service will be available in front of Greystone Centennial Middle School. A limited amount of wheelchairs are available for use on site (deposit required).
Park and ride
A free park and ride service will run approximately every 20 to 30 minutes. The school buses will be able to accommodate and store strollers for the ride.
No animals, with the exception of service dogs, are permitted on the buses.
Public park and ride locations are:
- Agrena – 9 Agrena Rd.
- Spruce Grove Composite High School – 1000 Calahoo Rd.
- NEW! – Woodhaven Middle School – 475 King St.
- St. Marguerite School/St. Thomas Aquinas School – 381 Grove Dr.
- St. Peter the Apostle Catholic High School – 10 Harvest Ridge Dr.
- TransAlta Tri Leisure Centre – 221 Jennifer Heil Way
Canada Day volunteers are invited to park and ride at Brookwood School, located at 460 King St.