Concrete and Asphalt Recycling
Residents and contractors may bring concrete and asphalt to the Public Works yard located at 21 Century Close at no charge. Material restrictions apply (see below).
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Closed on stat holidays.
When bringing material to the yard you must stop at the office first to identify:
- Nature of the load and its point of origin
- Truck description and company name
- Number of loads
- Contact person
- Asphalt and concrete slabs, up to 150mm (6”) thick and no larger than 900mm x 900mm (30” x 30”).
- Asphalt and concrete sections thicker than 150mm (6”) must be no larger than 300mm x 300mm x 300mm (12” x 12” x 12”).
- Rebar cannot protrude more than 50mm (2”) outside the maximum dimensions identified in items 1 & 2 above.
- No pillars, columns, beams, pilings or other structurally or heavily reinforced sections still containing reinforcing.
- No manholes, pipes or woven wire mesh reinforced products.
- No loads contaminated with clay, topsoil, sod, plastics, wire, wood or other deleterious products.
- No brick, block or other compressible products.
Users will be responsible for removing items that do not meet these requirements. Products not meeting these requirements can be disposed at regional landfills.
For more information, contact Public Works.