Spending time outdoors safely during COVID-19
When spending time outdoors, residents are reminded to keep these tips in mind to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Stay updated on the status of outdoor recreational amenities in Spruce Grove.
- Practise physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet between yourself and others. Consider venturing out during off-peak times when it’s easier to keep your distance.
- The exception to the physical distancing restriction is for members of the same household. For example, a parent and child are permitted to play a game of Frisbee in the park, or a brother and sister can play a game of catch.
- Adhere to gathering restrictions, and avoid or limit touching commonly touched surfaces, such as sporting equipment and park benches.
- Be aware that going outdoors and using these spaces may expose you and your family members to areas that may not be sanitary. Items such as playground equipment, park benches, fire pits, basketball nets, disc golf or goal posts are not sanitized.
- Share outdoor spaces responsibly and alert others to your presence with your voice, a horn or a bell.
- Stay close to home. There are plenty of ways to be active in your own community (don’t go into other jurisdictions).
- Practise good personal hygiene before and after going outdoors. Wash your hands thoroughly for at least 20 seconds with soap and water before you leave, when you come back inside, and before you eat. When heading out, bring hand sanitizer with you if you have it.
- Keep in mind there is no access to public washrooms at outdoor spaces and plan accordingly.