Guidelines for outdoor recreational amenities during COVID-19
When using outdoor recreational amenities in Spruce Grove during COVID-19, please follow these rules and guidelines and keep the following in mind:
- Use of these amenities is at your own risk; use is not encouraged due to the risk of transmitting COVID-19.
- All public health orders must be followed (maintain two metres between people; adhere to mandatory restrictions on gatherings ).
- Users must bring their own equipment and hand sanitizer.
- Do not attend or use these amenities if you are feeling unwell.
- Unfenced sports fields are open (soccer and baseball) for casual use only.
- Team based sports, in the form of mini-leagues and bubbles are permitted but cannot exceed 50 people. These groups must remain together and can only play each other throughout Stage 2.
- Bookings will soon be allowed for outdoor sport fields and baseball diamonds. In the meantime, these fields will continue to be available for casual, unstructured use until the end of June.
Fuhr Sports Park and the Agrena remain closed at this time. Reopening of these facilities will be discussed later this summer.
- Playground equipment is open, but use is discouraged.
- Playground structures will not be disinfected or cleaned and are considered a high risk area due to multiple touch points.
- Playground hours will be 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. and they are for local community use only.
- Playground users should:
- Wash and/or sanitize their hands before and after use (bring your own hand sanitizer).
- Avoid touching their face.
- Only share common equipment with members of their household and maintain two metre physical distance from others outside their household.
- Do not bring toys and limit contact with others following your visit.
Hard surface courts – pickleball and tennis
- Pickleball courts are open.
- Tennis courts are open.
- These courts are available for casual use only. No bookings and no structured play; club, organized or league play is not permitted.
- Doubles play is permitted; however, doubles play must be with members of the same household or cohort families.
- Courts are not regularly disinfected.
- Players and those waiting must adhere to gathering size restrictions. If the courts are full, please wait nearby or in your vehicle until they are free to use.
- No washrooms are available on site and groups may not bring their own on site.
- The skate park is open.
- A maximum of 15 people are permitted to use the skate park at any one time.