Protective Services School Tours
Tours of the Protective Services building, which houses Fire, EMS, and Enforcement, are available to be booked for Spruce Grove school groups in grades 1, 2, or 3.
Teachers, please fill out the form below to request a tour of the Protective Services Building for your class.
Tour terms and conditions
Please keep in mind that tours are conducted in an operating Emergency Services station (Fire, EMS and Enforcement), by on duty staff. Tours may be delayed, postponed, or cancelled at any time as a result of emergency responses. At the start of all tours, your group will be instructed on procedures to take in the event of an alarm. Please ensure that everyone is aware of these procedures. All groups with children must ensure adequate adult supervision is available at all times.
- Tours are for school groups in grades 1, 2, or 3.
- Only 1 class can be booked at a time.
- There must be one adult supervisor for every five children.
- Tours will be approximately 30 minutes in duration.
- When an alarm is sounded the tour group will, in a timely fashion, exit the building and remain out of the way of all emergency staff and vehicles.
- Station tours are subject to cancellation due to health restrictions, staff availability, or if an emergency should occur. Should an alarm interrupt or cancel your visit, your time with us will be rescheduled.
- Transportation must remain on-site as tours may be interrupted or cancelled on short notice due to call volume.
- If you need to cancel your scheduled tour, we would appreciate as much notice as possible to allow time for another group who may be waiting for an open tour time.
- Please do not allow anyone who is ill attend the tour.
- To ensure that the operational needs of the Firefighters and Enforcement Officers on duty are respected, please plan your group’s arrival for no more than 5 minutes prior to your tour time.
- Your reservation is not confirmed until you receive a confirmation email from the Protective Services Administration.
If you have any further questions, please contact Protective Services Administration.
School tour application form