- The City of Spruce Grove recognizes that the privacy and confidentiality of personal information is important. All personal information collected by the City of Spruce Grove is managed according to the Alberta Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. This means that:
- You will be informed, at the point of collection, that your personal information is being collected and the purpose for which it is being collected;
- You have the right of access to your information;
- You have control over how the City obtains, uses, and discloses your personal information;
- All uses of information are subject to you not having refused or withdrawn consent, unless disclosure is made for legal purposes.
- Even if you do nothing more during your visit than browse through the website, read pages, or download information, please be aware that the City automatically gathers and stores certain information about your visit. This information does not identify you personally. The City collects and stores only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access the City's website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the City's site;
- The date and time you access the City's site;
- The pages you visit on the City's site; and
- If you linked to the City of Spruce Grove website from another website, the address of that website.
- The City of Spruce Grove uses electronic ‘cookies’. A cookie is a small amount of data that is transferred to your browser by a web server. It cannot be executed as code or deliver viruses. A session ID, along with time and date and other information may be placed in the cookie. This information is used to provide the user with an enriched experience while using the City's website.
- If you choose to provide the City with personal information in an e-mail or by filling out an electronic form and submitting it to the City through our website, the City will use that information to respond to your message and help us provide the requested information or service.
- E-mail messages are subject to the FOIP Act. The personal information you share with the City of Spruce Grove is provided only to those areas that are required to carry out the business that relates to you. All e-mail messages sent or received are the property of the City of Spruce Grove and may be accessed by department heads or designates without further consent of the author. All e-mail messages required to be retained by law will be printed and maintained through a records management process.
- Security measures are implemented in order that web services remain available to all users. The City of Spruce Grove computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify attempts to tamper with information, or to otherwise cause damage.