Thank you to everyone who is helping us get snow removal done safely and efficiently. Did you know the community plays an important role in keeping our streets and sidewalks safe in the winter?
Here is how you can help:
- Remove snow and ice from sidewalks adjacent to your property within 48 hours of the snowfall.
- Do not shovel or blow snow from your driveway, sidewalk or parking pad onto the road. This can cause windrows and unnecessary drifts on the road making it difficult for your neighbours to drive through and lead to spring flooding (plus it is against the City's Traffic Bylaw).
- Remove driveway aids, also known as curb ramps (under the Traffic Bylaw they are not permitted from November 1 – April 30).
- Give our crews plenty of room to work for your safety and theirs.
- Remove vehicles from roads when parking restrictions are in place.
Thank you for doing your part for keeping our roads and sidewalks safe and clear.
Learn more at www.sprucegrove.org/propertyownerresponsibilities