Get sneak peek of City’s newly expanded Protective Services building
Join Mayor Houston for a sneak peek of the City’s newly expanded Protective Services building, which is part of an expansion and renovation project at the existing facility that has been underway since July 2018.
Located at the corner of King Street and Fifth Avenue, the Protective Services building is home to Enforcement Services and Fire Services. Staff are now working out of the new space while the renovation phase of the $23.6 million project begins. On time and on budget, the entire facility, which will accommodate 75 staff with room for future growth, will be complete and operational in 2020.
Features in the expanded area include:
- Administrative and training spaces
- Equipment bays with room for 18 emergency vehicles
- A three-storey training tower
- Custom kitchen table built by Spruce Grove Composite High School students
- 17 private dormitories for the City’s rotating firefighter platoons
- And more!