Community Road Safety Advisory Committee
In March 2019, Spruce Grove City Council approved the formation of a Community Road Safety Advisory Committee. The mandate of the advisory committee is to provide advice and recommendations to Council for all methods of transportation, including pedestrian, cyclist, and vehicular traffic, including but not limited to automated traffic enforcement.
Specifically, the advisory committee will:
- Identify and engage stakeholder groups and seek their input into the committee’s work.
- Conduct research and prepare reports on opportunities for community education related to road safety.
- Work with Administration to develop and maintain a dialogue about matters of concern and opportunities related to road safety.
- Assist Council and Administration to develop strategies, programs, and policies to improve road safety and efficiency.
View the DRAFT Community Road Safety Advisory Committee Bylaw that has not yet been finally approved for full details.
Call for committee members
The advisory committee will be composed of five to seven public members who will be appointed by Council.
If you are interested in participating on this advisory committee please complete this application form and submit it to the City of Spruce Grove by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 31, 2020. There is no compensation for participation; however, if you require care for a dependent in order to participate on the advisory committee, those costs will be reimbursed (a receipt must be provided).
In order to be eligible for consideration, you must be:
- A Canadian citizen
- At least 18 years of age
- A resident of Alberta for at least six months
- A current resident of the City of Spruce Grove
Application forms can be submitted via email or dropped off at City Hall, 315 Jespersen Ave., Attention: Community and Protective Services. Applications must be received by 4:30 p.m. on Jan. 31, 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email .