Proposed Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre
The City of Spruce Grove is considering a development proposal to build a Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre (SEC) in the northeast corner of the city along the Yellowhead Highway at Century Road (known as the Westwind lands).
This concept aligns with the City's original vision for Westwind Centre to be a regional commercial, hospitality and entertainment destination. It also meets the needs of the community and creates a destination amenity.
The original concept included:
- Two ice surfaces - a main, multi-use seating bowl that can accommodate up to 5,300 people (3,500 fixed seating expandable to 5,300 for concerts and similar events) and a second community pad that can accommodate up to 200 people seated/standing.
- A main concourse with access to seating, washrooms and concessions.
- Private suites that will be available for the spectator bowl.
- The ability to host a variety of events including sporting tournaments, trade shows, craft fairs, conferences, concerts, graduations, memorials, award ceremonies and more.
August 12, 2019 update: Options for the City’s proposed arena/entertainment complex continue to be refined and finalized. It is anticipated that potential options will return to council in September/October for further discussion and direction.
News and updates
- Arena Complex/Event Centre Next Steps (presented to City Council Feb. 25, 2019)
- Business case analysis presented to City Council (January 14, 2019)
- Proposed Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre presentation
April 3, 2017
- City of Spruce Grove considers proposal for Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre
March 27, 2017
Reports and presentations
- Phase 1 Report: Summary
- Phase 2 Report: Potential
- Phase 3 Report: Economic Impact
- Business Case Analysis
Please email us .