Proposed Arena Complex
The City of Spruce Grove is considering a development proposal to build an Arena Complex in the northeast corner of the city along the Yellowhead Highway at Century Road (known as the Westwind lands). This concept aligns with the City's original vision for Westwind Centre to be a regional commercial, hospitality and entertainment destination. It also meets the needs of the community and creates a destination amenity.
News and updates
Oct. 26, 2020: The Arena Complex Project Public Engagement Report was presented to City Council. In total, 602 respondents completed the online workbook survey on two options for a proposed arena complex in Spruce Grove between Sept. 16 and 30, 2020
Sept. 17, 2020: The City has partnered with Y Station Communications & Research to collect feedback from the community on two proposed options for a new arena complex through an online survey. The survey closed on Sept. 30, 2020.
- July 21, 2020 update: Spruce Grove City Council has directed City Administration to investigate two potential options for a proposed arena complex in the community: a twin pad and a hockey facility with spectator seating and second community ice pad.
- July 16, 2020 update: Spruce Grove City Council will be presented with details on three options for their consideration and direction on next steps. The options that will be presented are:
- Twin pad
- Hockey facility with spectator seating and second community ice pad
- Entertainment facility with a hockey/sport tenants and second community ice pad
- Nov. 4, 2019 update: During the 2020-2022 Recommended Corporate Plan deliberations this project was identified as requiring further discussion and refinement. A timeline has not yet been determined.
- August 12, 2019 update: Options for the City’s proposed arena/entertainment complex continue to be refined and finalized. It is anticipated that potential options will return to council in September/October for further discussion and direction.
- Arena Complex/Event Centre Next Steps (presented to City Council Feb. 25, 2019)
- Business case analysis presented to City Council (January 14, 2019)
- Proposed Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre presentation
April 3, 2017
- City of Spruce Grove considers proposal for Multi-Use Sport and Event Centre
March 27, 2017
Reports and presentations
- Phase 1 Report: Summary
- Phase 2 Report: Potential
- Phase 3 Report: Economic Impact
- Business Case Analysis
- Consultant presentation
- 2020 Arena Complex Project Public Engagement Report
Please email us .