City Council Meeting - October 9, 2018
Council approved the Sept. 24, 2018 , Regular Council meeting minutes.
City Administration presented Council with an overview of the City’s snow and ice control services . Council received this report as information.
City Administration presented Council with an update on Automated Traffic Enforcement in Spruce Grove. Council received this report as information.
Council gave third reading to Bylaw C-1053-18 , which amends the smoking bylaw.
Council passed a motion to approved Policy CP-1003-18 , a sponsorship policy that will increase transparency and raise the profile of sponsorship opportunities with the City of Spruce Grove.
Council passed a motion to establish a Planning Review Task Force that will review and make recommendations on how to streamline and improve the City’s planning processes. The task force will be comprised of City staff, as well as representatives from the Urban Development Institute-Edmonton Region (UDI), builders and City Council.
Council appointed Councillors Oldham and Mackenzie to the task force, and approved a motion that a draft terms of reference be established by the City Manager and UDI.
Council passed a motion to approve the revised Regional Context Statement , as outlined by the Edmonton Metropolitan Region Board. The context statement states that the City of Spruce Grove is within the Metropolitan Area policy tier in the Metropolitan Regional Structure as an Urban Centre. Council directed City Administration to prepare amendments to the Municipal Development Plan to bring the plan into conformity with the Edmonton Metropolitan Region Growth Plan.
Council received the following board and committee meeting minutes as information:
- Specialized Transit Service Board meeting minutes — March 20, 2018
- Specialized Transit Service Board meeting minutes — June 26, 2018
- Specialized Transit Service Board meeting minutes — July 24, 2018
- Spruce Grove Public Library Board meeting minutes — June 19, 2018
- Meridian Foundation Board meeting minutes — Sept. 20, 2018
Business arising from closed session
- Council passed a motion to approve the 2018 nomination for the Community Spirit Award, which will be presented at the Spruce Grove and District Chamber of Commerce Awards Gala on Oct. 20, 2018.
- Council passed a motion to re-appoint Tom Slater as a member of the Spruce Grove Public Library for three consecutive years, for the term beginning Jan. 1, 2019 and ending Dec. 31, 2021.