City Council Meeting - Jan. 14, 2019
Council approved the Dec. 10, 2018 Regular Council meeting minutes.
Special Recognition – Chamber of Commerce
City Council presented Rik Kaminsky with a Certificate of Recognition for four years of dedication and service on the City of Spruce Grove Chamber of Commerce Board.
Bylaw C-1059-18 – Land Use Bylaw Amendment - Heritage Grove Park South Redistricting – Public Hearing, Second and Third Reading
A public hearing was held for Bylaw C-1059-18, which will redistrict 0.033 hectares of land within Heritage Grove Park from Park and Recreation District to Manufactured Home Court District. Council also gave second and third reading to Bylaw C-1059-18, approving the amendment.
Removal of Municipal Reserve Designation – Public Hearing and Council Resolution
A public hearing was held to review the removal of municipal reserve designation from 0.033 hectares of land in Heritage Grove Park. After the public hearing was closed, City Council approved this motion.
Representatives from Seirra Planning, International Coliseums Company and Perkins & Will, presented the Proposed Arena Complex Business Case Analysis to Council. The report included a review of three options for the facility that vary in scope, design and price point. The presentation covered an evaluation of community needs, functional design, costs and benefits, and funding. Council accepted the report as information. The City will conduct further public consultation on this project in the coming months.
Council received the following board and committee meeting minutes as information:
- Meridian Foundation Board meeting minutes – Nov. 1, 2018
- Tri Municipal Leisure Facility Corporation Board meeting minutes – Nov. 8, 2018
- Economic Development Advisory Committee meeting minutes – Dec. 6, 2018
Business Arising from Closed Session
- An Annexation Memorandum of Understanding was approved by Council.
- Council approved a motion to support the development of a Regional Plan between the City of Spruce Grove, the Town of Stony Plain and Parkland County.