Income Tax Clinic
FCSS hosts a year-round income tax preparation clinic for low-income residents of Spruce Grove and Parkland County. Volunteers from local tax preparation agencies and from the Community Volunteer Income Tax Program give their time to provide this service to individuals who meet the eligibility criteria.
The CVITP is available to any eligible taxpayer with a simple tax situation. This may include:
- low income individuals including social assistance or AISH recipients
- newcomers to Canada
- seniors, students, and persons with disabilities
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
- returns for deceased persons
- individuals who file for bankruptcy
- self-employed individuals
- individuals who report capital gains or losses
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses
This community service is only open to those persons who reside in Spruce Grove or Parkland County.
- Drop off your tax slips to FCSS at 105, 505 Queen Street anytime during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4:00).
- Complete an intake package with your family's information.
- A trained volunteer will prepare your tax return and call you when you can come in and review it.
- Once your tax return is reviewed, FCSS will e-file or mail your taxes to the Canada Revenue Agency.
- You will receive a Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada within 8 weeks of your tax return being filed.
Questions / Contact
Please email FCSS or call 780-962-7618.
To volunteer, visit the Income Tax Program page.