CVITP Income Tax Clinic
Spruce Grove FCSS is proud to partner with Canada Revenue Agency's Community Volunteer Income Tax Program (CVITP). Our CVITP volunteers help low-income individuals and families who reside in Spruce Grove or Parkland County file simple tax returns at no cost.
To help protect the health of residents and staff, the FCSS office has temporarily suspended in-person services until further notice. Staff will continue to offer services by phone at 780-962-7618. Thank you for your patience as we respond to requests and inquiries in the order in which they are received.
The CVITP is available to any eligible taxpayer with a simple tax situation. This may include:
- low income individuals including social assistance or AISH recipients
- newcomers to Canada
- seniors, students, and persons with disabilities
Volunteers do not prepare tax returns for complex situations such as:
- returns for deceased persons
- individuals who file for bankruptcy
- self-employed individuals
- individuals who report capital gains or losses
- individuals who report employment expenses, or business or rental income and expenses
Please note: This community service is only open to those persons who reside in Spruce Grove or Parkland County.
- Contact Spruce Grove FCSS at 780-962-7618 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.) to request the service.
- You will be contacted to complete an intake package over the phone.
- A trained CVITP volunteer will prepare your tax return and call you when it is complete.