The last week of Pop Up Playground, August 16 - 20th will be at Jubilee Park Monday thru Friday.
Pop-Up Playground is a free drop-in program with fun activities that take place throughout the parks of Spruce Grove in July and August. Designed for kids to attend with friends, parents or caregivers, each week will feature a different theme, special events, games and crafts. Programs may be cancelled in case of inclement weather.
Pop-Up Playground runs Monday-Friday from 10 a.m.- 3 p.m.
- Jubilee Park playground August 16 - 20th
To find these playgrounds, view the Recreation Amenities Map.
Weekly themes and activities
A different theme and a variety of activities are planned each week, including daily games, outdoor play and crafts. Check back soon for the special events, taking place each week!
Kids will also enjoy the following daily activities:
- Every day: Crafts! Crafts change weekly.
- Every day: Morning Moves at 11 a.m.
- Every day: Guided Games at 1 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Bike Parade at 2 p.m.
- Fridays: Freezie Friday
- Fridays: Special Guest/Activity
|Dates||Theme||Special Guest/Activity on Friday|
|July 5-9||Tropical Week|
|July 12-16||Mystery Week||Bouncy Castles & Crock a Doodle|
|July 19-23||Under the Sea||DJ and Photobooth|
|July 26-30||Clowning Around||Glitter Tattoos|
|August 3-6*||Going Green||Crock a doodle (pending)|
|August 9-13||Around the World||Bubble Dance Party|
|August 16-20||Best of the Best||
Monday - Bubble Dance Party
- This program is loosely structured so that children may come and go as they please.
- All ages are welcome. Please keep in mind that Pop-Up Playground is an unsupervised program; the City of Spruce Grove does not assume any responsibility for participants.
- This program is recommended for children ages 6 and up. Participants under the age of 6 must be supervised by a parent/guardian.
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times. Program staff do not collect personal information that could be used to contact parents in case of emergency.
- Day homes and daycares are welcome to attend, as long as appropriate staff/child ratios are maintained. We also ask that day home/daycare staff actively supervise their children throughout the program and provide assistance at craft time.
- Pop-Up Playground will follow all protocols and restrictions for COVID–19 as determined by Alberta Health Services.
Send us an email or call 780-962-7579.