Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour
- December 30, 2017
- 12:00 PM - 6:00 PM
9 Agrena Rd.
Spruce Grove, Alberta
Spruce Grove residents will be able to wrap up the year by celebrating Canada's national pastime as the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge arrives in the city on Dec. 30-31, 2017.
The weekend will feature broadcast hosts Ron MacLean and Tara Slone, meet-and-greet opportunities with NHL alum Ryan Smyth, live local entertainment, and a jam-packed two-day festival, which is free of charge, for the whole family. In addition, legendary Canadian rock band The Northern Pikes will perform on-site Sunday for fans and as part of the broadcast.
The festival will conclude Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The afternoon’s broadcast will feature a double-header starting at 1:30 p.m. on Sportsnet and Sportsnet NOW with the Toronto Maple Leafs visiting the Vegas Golden Knights followed by the Winnipeg Jets at the Edmonton Oilers. The entire broadcast will be hosted live on site by MacLean and Slone from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
Rogers Hometown Hockey festival details
- Saturday, December 30 – Festival open from noon to 6 p.m.
- Sunday, December 31 – Festival opens at noon and runs through the end of the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature games, prize giveaways, fun activities, and live local entertainment for the whole family, including:
- Rogers Fan Hub: Helping fans be fans, the Fan Hub features innovative and interactive experiences, showcasing virtual autographs from NHL stars, a hockey-themed Zamboni video game and autograph signings with NHL alumni such as Ryan Smyth to unite fans in their passion for the game. In addition, fans are treated to free hot chocolate on site.
- GamePlus: If you are a Rogers customer you can come to the GamePlus desk in the Rogers Fan Hub and redeem exclusive experiences such as meet-and-greets with NHL alumni, autographed merchandise and tours of our Sportsnet Mobile Studio.
- Sportsnet Augmented Reality Photo Booth: Fans have the chance to get close to their favorite players through augmented reality technology. Fans can take photos with virtual images of NHL stars, and have the photo emailed directly to their device for social sharing.
- The Hockey Circus Show: Come see Paz, our world-renowned hockey acrobat! Paz juggles everything from pucks to flaming hockey sticks all while standing on top of a net. It is an experience that the family will never forget.
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room: A family-friendly space to engage hockey fans, celebrate the game, and interact with NHL alumni. Scotiabank will also be donating $15,000 to minor hockey associations in the community.
- Dodge Family Zone: Features the famous Stow ’n Go Challenge, a hockey-themed obstacle course. Also, fans have the opportunity to enter a contest to win $5,000 for their local minor hockey association and a 2018 Chrysler Pacifica for their family. All contest entrants will receive a co-branded Dodge and Rogers Hometown Hockey retro toque.
- Tim Hortons Ball Hockey Rink presented by Sportsnet: Features pick-up games for the community, including local Timbits Hockey players.
- Oetker Giuseppe Pizzeria: Fans can enjoy a free slice of Giuseppe Pizzeria pizza fresh out of the oven, and play the Find Giuseppe Match Game to win a rooftop experience and other great prizes.
- Playmobil Kids Zone: Fans have the chance to face off against friends and family with the PLAYMOBIL NHL Arena and its lineup of NHL figures. In the zone, fans will also be able to enter to win a new NHL playset.
- OK Tire Zamboni Pit Stop: Features a pit-crew-like experience where fans have the opportunity to test their tire-hanging skills on a replica Zamboni.
- Live local entertainment: Live music featured throughout the weekend.
- Public skating: Free public skating at the Agrena from 2-4 p.m. on both days.
Parking at the Agrena will be extremely limited. Fans are encouraged to park at one of the following overflow parking locations:
- Woodhaven Middle School
- Brookwood School
- City Hall
- Christian Fellowship Church
- Yellowhead Regional Library
View Day 2