Have an old sofa or barbecue you no longer use? Bid it farewell during the City's Large Item Pickup event from June 10–14. Note: Large items may be collected by different trucks than your regular waste collection.
New this year!
- A maximum of three large items will be accepted per household.
- Items must be placed at the front of your house by 7 a.m. on your regular waste collection day, even if your carts and blue recycling bags are picked up in an alley.
Large items that will be collected:
- Household furniture, mattresses and box springs
- Stoves, washers, dryers and furnaces
- Sinks and toilets
- Snow blowers and lawn mowers (all fluids must be drained)
- Bicycles, hockey nets and basketball nets. These items must be marked with a note indicating the item is intended for Large Item Pickup.
- Wheel barrows, rain barrels, lawn furniture and barbecues (no tanks). These items must be marked with a note indicating the item is intended for Large Item Pickup.
Items that will NOT be collected:
- Household renovation, construction and demolition material
- Additional household waste and organics
- Hazardous materials, including but not limited to paint, motor oil, batteries, fuels and propane tanks/bottles
- Fridges, freezers and air conditioners
- Railroad ties, snowmobiles, ATVs, vehicle parts, tires and engines
- Assembled swing sets
- Electronics, including TVs, stereos, desktop printers and computers (monitors, towers, key boards, speakers and mice)
- Items larger than six feet by three feet (1.8 metres by 0.9 metres)
- Items weighing more than 200 pounds